How to Import Returns (Credit/Debit Note) through CSV file
CSV is a simple file format used to store tabular data, such as a spreadsheet or database. Files in the CSV format can be imported to and exported from programs that store data in tables, such as Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc. CSV stands for "comma-separated values". These days most of the Customer/Supplier are providing Sales and purchase Returns as CSV file and you can also provide CSV file to your Customer/Suppliers. We have defined a standard format for CSV file but many Customer/Supplier may define a different format as well. We have explained how to import Return CSV file from any customer/supplier into Return Transaction of UNISOLVE.
In this article, we have explained you how to import Credit/Debit Note through CSV file. For CSV import into Sales/Purchase return, please open Adjustment menu & select Credit/Debit Note Export/Import (CSV(GST)) option, there are two option
1. Import Sales Cr/Dr note (CSV)
2. Import Purchase Cr/Dr note (CSV).
When you enter Import Sales/Cr./Dr. Note CSV option then software open following Image:
After open Reqd. option software opens some parameters to Import Return CSV File in our Software. Following some parameters open by software:
- Entry Date: In this caption software auto pick Current Date, If you wants to Import & Enter Return entry in other Date then please mention Date manually.
- Customer/Supplier Name: In this caption you can enter Customer/Supplier Name which send you Return CSV file.
- Sale/Purchase TaxType: In this caption software auto pick blank TaxType, In that case software auto pick Products Tax Type which you already entered in Product Master. If you wants to enter any TaxType in this caption, then software Import all Products in Single TaxType in Return Entry which you entered in this caption.
- Import From: In this caption you can select path which you have saved CSV File which you wants to Import in Return entry.
- File List: After select Import from Path, please open File List & select particular file which you wants to Import in Return entry.
- Import As: In this caption software auto shows Sales credit note/Purchase debit note. If you want to Import CSV File in Sales/Purchase Return either Sales/Purchase Replacement entry then please select as per your requirement.
- Import Series: In this caption software auto pick “A” series for Sale/Purchase Entry. If you have used Multiple Series option then mention other series as per your requirement.
- Format Name: In this caption, if your Customer/Supplier sends your Return CSV File in Standard Format (AIOCD Format) then you are not required to make any selection in this field. If your Customer/Supplier sends you Return CSV in other format then first you need to set this format using CSV import master in utility menu (explained after this option), then you will be able to import this file using particular CSV Format whenever you Import this Customer/Supplier’s Return CSV File.
After above process, Software open Product table for mapping with your Product Master. You can map all products with Customer/Supplier Products. Image as per below:
After that all items in CSV file are imported and entered into Return entry. You must check your Return Entry (Like: Qty., Rate, Expiry, Purchase Rate etc.). Import Sales/Purchase Credit Note (CSV) option is very useful & time saving.
Note: After this above process you can save your time & import your all Returns through CSV files. If your Customer/Supplier sends you Return CSV in other format then please open following given Link for create a new CSV import format for this Customer/Supplier CSV File. Link as per below:
How to Create CSV Master & Import Purchase through CSV in Unisolve Cross
Now you can Import your Credit/Debit Notes & save your time.
For more details, please make a ticket at swildesk.com.
If you require support please read: How to get online support (Guide & Video)